Thursday 19 April 2012

My holiday is over... teaching started this week. We have been learning about the foundations of our faith like creation, the beginning, human nature, body, soul and spirit, authority and power, etc. We got homework which I wasn't expecting which is to write a page on what Jesus accomplished by dying on the cross. I've really been enjoying the teachings and I really want to savour every minute while I'm here but the problem is that the chairs we are sitting in are so comfortable and the room is so warm that it is hard at times not to fall asleep. It doesn't help that they feed us really big hot meals for lunch and dinner. I have actually been struggling with the food here because there is so much of it and it is all delicious. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are buffets and there are so many options to chose from that I usually end up filling my whole plate. On top of that there are two tea breaks during the day which is coffee/tea and biscuits (cookies). I feel full all the time!

My friend took me to the little pond down the road the other day and it was so beautiful. I think I lost my room key there though... didn't take me very long. Anyway it seems like wherever I go I am surrounded by ancient buildings and things. I am excited about all the history here and I love to explore and climb on things that were climbed on by people in the 1800's. There are so many castles here. Real live ones!

4 comments:

  1. Real Live Castles????????? Nooooooo Wayyy!!!! Real live castles would be so cool to see. It's Joel by the way. trying to figure out how to use your blog site. I have never been to Educated in the ways of internet but I am writing a comment so I suppose that counts for something. I am so jealous and happy for you right now. If i was there i would Climb everything that eyes can gander upon. does the loo flush clockwise or counter clockwise?
    Love Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. the loo flushes down. Also the faucets here have separte hot and cold taps. So you can't get warm water to wash your hands, it's one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL The loo flushes clockwise. You need to go below the equator for it to go the other way. So since the castles are living are they like Howls Moving Castle :P

    ReplyDelete